Friday, April 25, 2014

My Teen Years - Komal Rizvi

interview

Star and date of birth
Leo, 3rd August.

The best thing about being a teenager
The innocence, and being carefree.

I was always listening to
The Now Series, that is Now 21, Now 22, Now 23 (English top charts on cassettes).

I was glued to the T.V. for
Thunder Cats and Transformers.

My favourite movie was
Dirty Dancing, Narnia, Clash of the Titans, etcetera.

My favourite actor was
Didn’t have one.

My favourite book was
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews.

My room was full of
Cassette tapes and posters. So cliché, I know!

My room walls carried the posters of
George Michael, Duran Duran, Bon Jovi, LOL!

My closet was full of
Stuff my mum put in it.

My friends were
Sick of my bossiness.

My first crush/My first date
Yaaaa riigghhhttt…

What hurt me the most
Lots of silly things.

My dream was to become
A pop star.

I wish I had known then
That not everything in life has to be perfect.

Relations with siblings
Perfectly perfect.

Relations with parents
Mum wished she could kill me quite often. Dad thought I could do no wrong. Still doesn’t!

My school
Lagos American International School

Ragging at college/university
I was the ragger, not the rag-ee.

I couldn’t stand
Delays. Still can’t.

My favourite hangout was
Ikoyi Club in Lagos, my phuppo’s house in Karachi, and Maroush in London.

- S.A

Us Magazine, The News - 25th April, 2014 *

No comments: