Friday, November 21, 2014

My teen years: Maha Ali Kazmi

interview

Maha Ali Kazmi

Star and date of birth
Cancer, 14th July.

The best thing about being a teenager
The great thing about being a teenager is that you are young enough to dream dreams and old enough to one day realize your dreams.

I was always listening to
Rolling Stones, John Lennon, and many American rock bands from the late '70s and '80s.

I was glued to the TV for 
Friends and Charmed.

My favourite movie was 
Amélie.

My favourite actor was
Ryan Gosling playing Noah in The Notebook.

My favourite book was
There wasn't one but many. The ones I can recall are Memoirs of a Geisha, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, and Dracula.

My friends were
One of a kind.

My room was full of
Music CDs, movie collection, perfumes, and scented candles.

My room walls carried the posters of
Kurt Cobain.

My closet was full of
All the things teenagers generally own. I had a secret compartment where I used to hide things that in my opinion defined me as a person, from small souvenirs to some of my most cherished photographs.

My first crush
A 6th grader named Hasan in school.

What hurt me the most
When my best friend stopped talking to me.

My dream was to become
The most famous singer in Hollywood.

I wish I had known then
That dreams do come true.

Relations with siblings
As the sayings go, "Hey, I'll help you hide the body" or "Don't even breathe in my direction". Nothing in between.

Relations with parents
Loving. It was always full of trust and communication.

My school was
Where my friends were.

Ragging at college/university
That nameless boy who hid my bag every day after school.

I couldn't stand
My Urdu teacher.

My favourite hangout was
Eating candy popcorn and watching movies with my bestie.

My favourite superhero was
I didn't have superheroes.

My favourite sport was
Swimming.

My favourite pastime was
Daydreaming.

- S.A.

Us Magazine, The News - 21st November, 2014 *

No comments: