Friday, August 07, 2015

My Teen Years: Faran Tahir – multi-talented and charismatic

interview

Faran Tahir

Star and date of birth
Aquarius, February 16th.

The best thing about being a teenager
The feeling of invincibility. No worries. Sleep. Eat.

I was always listening to
I listened to anything and everything I could find. Bollywood music, western music, ghazals, qawwalis; you name it!

I was glued to the T.V. for
Star Trek.

My favourite movie was
Any James Bond movie.

My favourite actor was
Robert De Niro, Amitabh Bachchan, and Qavi Khan.

My favourite book was
The Fall by Albert Camus. Still is.

My room was full of
Clutter.

My room walls carried the posters of
Three men riding in a dessert on camels with an orange dusk behind them. The poster had the caption “Morocco” on it.

My closet was full of
Waddled up clothes. It was a jungle.

My friends were
Crazy and funny.

My first crush/date
First crush was so intense. First date was nerve-wracking.

What hurt me the most
Betrayal.

My dream was to become
An actor. Shh…it was a big secret!

I wish I had known then
That you can live through a lot and be okay. Everything seems final at that age.

Relationship with siblings
My brothers have always been my best friends.

Relationship with parents
This love and respect can never die.

My school was
Widle Lake High (Maryland, USA), Divisional Public (Lahore), West House (Birmingham, UK).

Ragging at college/university
Wasn’t much into it. Really not fun. Just mean!

I couldn’t stand
Show-offs.

My favourite hangout was
Liberty Market Lahore petrol pump’s paan shop.

My favourite superhero was
Flash and Iron Man.

My favourite sport was
Cricket and soccer.

My favourite pastime was
Going crazy with friends...of course! :)

- S.A.

Us Magazine, The News -7th August, 2015 *

No comments: