Friday, October 19, 2018

My Teenage Years - Waleed Zaidi

interview: my teen years

Waleed A. Zaidi

Date of birth and star
31st July 1989; Leo.

The best thing about being a teenager was
Being the youngest sibling. Had its advantages in terms of extra love.

The worst thing about being a teenager was
 Being the youngest sibling. Had its disadvantages, being watched by multiple people apart from Abu.

I was always listening to
Pearl Jam.

I was glued to the T.V. for  
Full House as a kid in Jeddah. Anything entertaining after that. Even if it was Baywatch or Nanni Kaliyan.

My favourite movie was
The Godfather. I was an early bloomer because I had elder brothers.

My favourite actor was
Al Pacino.

My favourite book was 
The Big Friendly Giant by Roald Dahl.

My room was full of
It has always been empty like a hotel suite. I like the concept of living out of a suitcase.

My room walls carried the posters of
I had Kurt Cobain on at a time. I was a huge fan of punk rock growing up. Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etcetera.

My closet was full of
Clothes I never even tried on.

My friends were
Life. Still are. We're a group of 12 "kids" still as close as we were back in school.

My first crush/date was
I had a crush on this girl Christine in 1st grade. She had freckles. :)
My first date was probably when I was around 14 or 15. We went to Hot Spot. :)

What hurt me the most was
 It has to be some cricket match loss, since I'm a huge cricket fan.

My dream was to become 
Still trying to figure this one out.

I wish I had known then that
People will put their interests first, and rightly so (I guess).

Relations with siblings were
 Always great. I'm the youngest amongst us four brothers. Each has taught me a different aspect of life.

Relations with parents were
First class. Mom has always been extremely protective, and I think I get my sense of humour from my dad.

My school was
A lot of fun. Still miss it.

Ragging at college/university was
Not proud but I was a friendly bully, if that's even a term.

My favourite subject was
 History.

My least favourite subject was
Math.

I couldn’t stand
This math teacher who used to discuss his personal life and prejudices with us. If he reads this he will know it’s him.

My favourite hangout was
Malta. Lahoris know what that is.

My favourite food/dish was
Nihari. Still is.

My favourite superhero was 
 Batman. Always!

My favourite sport was
Cricket.
Used to play hockey in school. Got hit in the eye by another player. Could never play it again.

My favourite pastime was
Pranking people. Still is.

I learned that
[You should] get rid of biases. You'll be at peace.

- S.A.

Us Magazine, The News International - 19th October, 2018 *

No comments: