Friday, February 22, 2013

My Teen Years - Urwa Tul Wusqua

interview

Star and date of birth
Cancer, 2nd July 1991.

The best thing about being a teenager
Carelessness. That was the time when I couldn’t care less about the practicalities of life; all I wanted to do was have fun and enjoy myself to the fullest – and I am glad I did. That was the time I shall always cherish.

I was glued to the T.V. for
Pop music.

My favourite movie was
Titanic, a movie I could watch over and over and never get tired of it. I even learned its dialogues and played Rose’s part the best.

My favourite actor was
Kate Winslet.

My favourite book was
I used to read all sorts of literature from, Paulo Coelho’s philosophical Alchemist to Judith McNaught and Danielle Steel’s captivating stories. However, I never liked science fiction much. Success literature on the other hand was a phase too; whenever I would want to feel inspired I’d refer to Stephen Covey.

My room was full of
Colours, lights, and lamps.

My room walls carried the posters of
Pop singers like Nicole, J. Lo, Enrique, etcetera.

My closet was full of
Stuff that I don’t like much now! My fashion sense has gotten a lot better now.

My friends were
Evil masterminds.

My first crush/My first date
My fair share of craziness and embarrassments.

What hurt me the most
Disappointing my mom.

My dream was to become
A lawyer.

I wish I had known then
That time never waits for you.

Relations with siblings
The best relationship ever. No matter how much my young siblings bug and badger me, they are the apples of my eye.

Relations with parents
My parents are like my everyday journal – I have to feed everything into them or wouldn’t be able to sleep in peace.

My school was
An awesome hangout. From hiding from the discipline in charge in the restrooms while bunking to the hushed whispering in the examination halls, every bit of it is precious for me.

Ragging at college/university
I was never the victim, always the hunter.

I couldn’t stand
My class teacher – a grumpier version of Mrs. Tingle.

My favourite hangout was
The school’s rooftop.

My favourite superhero was
Spiderman.

My favourite sport was
Badminton.

My favourite pastime was
Bunking classes with friends, water fighting, gossiping in hushed voices at four in the morning, playing Crazy Taxi on Facebook, and spending time with my best friends.

-S.A.

Us Magazine, The News - 22nd February, 2013

No comments: