Friday, July 31, 2015

My Teen Years: Humayun Saeed

interview

Humayun Saeed 

Date of birth
27th July.

The best thing about being a teenager was
Having no responsibilities.

I was always listening to
‘Careless Whisper’ by George Michael. I loved the rhythm of the song which was incredibly catchy. George Michael’s smooth vocals made it an outstanding number.

I was glued to the T.V. for
A lot of serials.

My favourite movie was
The Rambo series. Sylvester Stallone’s amazing performance makes it one of the best action movies series ever made. The storyline was very gripping and the action sequences were unforgettable. Needless to say, I never got bored of watching the movies repeatedly.

My favourite actor was
Sylvester Stallone.

My favourite book was
Imran Series by Mazhar Kaleem. I don’t really enjoy reading that much, but the Imran Series books were so well written that I lived with each character. It was very engaging, and the storylines were always unpredictable in a good way.

My room was full of
Posters.

My room walls carried the posters of
Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, and Sylvester Stallone.

My friends were
My best friends were Ather Rasheed and Tanveer Bukhari who are still among my closest friends.

My first crush was
My teacher.

What hurt me the most
When my father used to go out to watch movies with my siblings and leave me behind.

My dream was to become
I wanted to be a pilot.

I wish I had known then
No matter what you do, you’ll make enemies (so learn from them).

Relations with siblings
It was a good, healthy relationship.

Relations with parents
It was a beautiful relationship.

My school was
Nasra School. Like most other people, my school life remains to be the most cherished years of my life.

Ragging at college/university
It never happened to me thankfully.

I couldn’t stand
Liars. Still can’t.

My favourite hangout place was
There were a lot of places I used to enjoy going to with my friends.

My favourite sport was
Cricket.

My favourite pastime was
Watching movies.

- By Sameen Amer

Us Magazine, The News - 31st July, 2015 *

No comments: