Friday, January 15, 2016

My Teen Years - It’s Soch time!

interview: my teen years

Soch

Rabi Ahmed

Date of birth and star
17th January, Capricorn.

The best thing about being a teenager was
The carefree attitude.

The worst thing about being a teenager was
It ended so quickly and abruptly.

I was always listening to
Junoon, John Mayer, and jazz music.

I was glued to the T.V. for
Sports or movies maybe, as basically I was more of an outdoor guy.

My favourite movie was
It’s very hard to pinpoint any one movie but I enjoyed action and adventure genres the most.

My favourite actor was
Adam Sandler, Al Pacino, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Julia Roberts, to name a few.

My favourite book was
Not much of a bookworm but I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

My room was full of
Music CDs, guitar tutorial books, and self-tutorial musical guides basically.

My room walls carried the posters of
Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page and Santana.

My closet was full of
Clothes!

My friends were
The extended family I had the time of my life with (and still do).

My first crush/date was
With a classmate in the 8th standard. The good thing is that if by chance she is reading this, she’ll know I am talking about her. ;)

What hurt me the most was
Well ... the best thing about teenage was that there was no room for over-thinking and feeling hurt, apart from actual wounds, from all the sports and activeness, which hurt.

My dream was to become
With God’s grace I am living my dream.

I wish I had known then that
The Internet will make the world so small and accessible that you would be able to connect and share your creations with the world with the click of a button and feel love crossing all the boundaries.

Relations with siblings
Being the eldest one, I love babying them to the core, and with God’s grace we are all a tight knit troop.

Relations with parents
My two pillars. My mom is my best friend and my dad the biggest morale-booster.

My school was
Everything an institution should be. We looked forward to go [to school] and in the process we became better humans too.

Ragging at college/university
Sad practise. It is supposed to be a safe place, home away from home. I urge today’s youth to be better, be human.

My favourite subject was
Music, of course!

My least favourite subject was
History.

I couldn’t stand
Lies and bullies.

My favourite hangout was
The cricket ground.

My favourite food/dish was
My mother’s home-cooked chicken karahi; still is and always will be.

My favourite superhero was
He-Man!

My favourite sport was
Cricket all the way.

My favourite pastime was
Learning guitar or playing cricket.

I learned that
[You should] be true to yourself and the world, and if you do your level best your dreams will, sooner than soon, be a reality.

Adnan Dhool

Date of birth and star
14th January, Capricorn.

The best thing about being a teenager was
That I was always up to hit the roads of Khanewal - my Khanewal - on foot.

The worst thing about being a teenager was
Me taking time for granted.

I was always listening to
There were a lot of different genres of music that I used to listen to and still do.

I was glued to the T.V. for
I am not that much into television.

My favourite movie was
There are many, but I really enjoy the horror genre if done well.

My favourite actor was
Ryan Gosling.

My favourite book was
I don’t enjoy reading much.

My room was full of
A boy’s room is always full of clothes and stinky socks. I’m one of them too.

My room walls carried the posters of
I do not put up posters in my room.

My closet was full of
A lot of unorganized stuff.

My friends were
Genuine people who accepted me the way I am.

My first crush/date was
Like all other boys my first crush was my teacher.

What hurt me the most was
When deserving people were denied chances just because they lacked references and finances.

My dream was to become
A spectacular musician.

I wish I had known then
The art of correctly observing people at the right time.

Relations with siblings were
We’re three brothers and a sister and share a good bond, Alhamdulillah. However, I’m more close to my sister.

Relations with parents were
I’m extremely close to my mum; she’s a huge support, and my dad is my biggest fan.

My school was
The best time indeed.

Ragging at college/university
I was made to do a Bollywood dance in front of the whole group. That was funny.

My favourite subject was
Music!

My least favourite subject was
God, it was maths! Couldn’t ever understand the concepts.

I couldn’t stand
Being fake.

My favourite hangout was
Anywhere with my partner ... (now) my fiancé, I mean.

My favourite food/dish was
Anything homemade.

My favourite superhero was
Superman, for sure!

My favourite sport was
[There is] nothing like cricket.

My favourite pastime was
Exploring different musical instruments and sleeping.

I learned
That learning never stops. It has to go on and on. Also, I learnt to say “no” at the right time and to stand [up] for myself and [my] dignity no matter what the situation is. Being yourself and confident about who you are is very important.

- S.A.

Us Magazine, The News - 15th January, 2016 *

No comments: